Student Success Program
What is the Student Success Program?
As a part of your admissions at Dixie State University you may be admitted into the Student Success Program, a program specifically designed to assist academically at-risk students succeed at DSU. You have qualified for this program based upon your academic need. Your academic need is determined by your admission test scores in combination with your GPA. Those students who have an index score of 45 or lower qualify for our program.
The Student Success Program provides students with the structure, support and resources to create a foundation for your academic success. The Student Success Program provides you with the following benefits:
- SUCCESS COACH- Provides support, resources, financial, career, goal setting and personal guidance in make your college dreams a reality
- PEER COACH – An upper level student who can help you navigate DSU, get involved on campus and share general tips and tricks to making college easier and more fun
- ACADEMIC ADVISOR– Students are required to work with an academic advisor to ensure that they build a balanced schedule that is aligned with their academic goals. The advisor can help the student choose classes and lift the first year hold so that they can register for classes.
- Student Success Courses: SSC 1020 Study Skills and Student Success and SSC 1060 Career and Life Skills
- Program Orientation - Prior to the beginning of your first semester you will participate in the Student Success Program Orientation. You will understand the expectations of the program and the requirements for the students. Students will sign a Program Agreement and complete a New Student Intake Form
- Browning Resource Center - A place to study, hang out, meet with your peer or success coach and come to get any of your questions answered about college
- Complete Program Orientation, New Student Intake and Program Agreement
- Meet with your Success Coach 3 times during the semester
- Meet with your Peer Coach throughout the semester as required
- Complete and pass SSC 1020 and SSC 1060
- Participation in the Active Learning Lab
- Meet with your Academic Advisor prior to registering for classes.
- Completion GE math and English requirements
As a student in our program you will have a registration hold placed on your account to ensure that you meet with an advisor prior to registration. This gives you the opportunity to get the best schedule for your success and review degree options and career plans. Additionally, the Student Success classes are only for our students so your enrollment in our class is done with instructor permission, this allows you to receive the full benefits of the program.
Questions about the DSU Student Success Program? Please contact Jamie Kearra, Assistant Director of Student Success, Structured Enrollment at (435) 879-4613 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org